Everyday thousands of young people from 120+ countries and territories around the globe are entering the Opportunity Portal, looking for their perfect internship. This causes a natural competition for places in projects. On this page you can find a set of tips we prepared for you that can help you to be accepted to the project you desire.
1. While creating a profile on Opportunity Portal and filling in you personal details, try to highlight all of your personal academic or professional achievements. Take into consideration the fact that project managers pay close attention to the profile of the candidate during the selection process.
Learn more about how to sign up on the Opportunity Portal.
2. While searching for your perfect internship abroad, try to apply to a minimum of 5 projects per day. Take into consideration the deadline for applying for a project. You can check “How to apply for a project in Opportunity Portal” for more information about his topic.
3. Sometimes, because of a big traffic on the website, e.g. the huge amount of users on the website at the same time, it might get a bit slow. Don’t get discouraged by this! Try to use another browser or reload the page in 20 – 30 minutes and continue your hunt for a project 😀
4. On the project page, in the lower left corner (under the duration information), you can find the email address of the project manager. If you did not get a response after the deadline, you can write an email to the project manager.
It’s important to have an attractive email “subject”, so that the project manager will not skip your email. However, do not cross the borders and try to stay in the line of appropriate.
When writing to a project manager, try to ensure that you’ve put all of your motivation to the letter. Explain the reasons why your choice came up on this particular country, city and project.
5. After the application stage comes the Skype interview. You should prepare for it well. For this, visit our “Tips & Tricks for a Successful Interview” page that we prepared for you.